Super Visa Insurance
What is the Super Visa Program?
Super visa program came into effect in 2011 and has become popular among landed immigrants and Canadian citizens. Super Visa insurance is a multiple entry visa which is valid for 10 years allowing for parents and grandparents to visit and stay in Canada for up to two years at a time without the need to renew. The process for getting parents and grandparents super visa insurance is simple and straight forward. Applications for Super Visa program must provide proof that the host child or grandchild meets a minimum income level, demonstrates that they have purchased comprehensive Canadian medical insurance and undergo the immigration medical examination.
When you buy a Super visa for your parents or grandparents, they are eligible to enter Canada for multiple times for up to a period of ten years and can stay in Canada for up to two years on every entry, so yes, in a way it is a multiple entry visa but it is little different than 10 year multiple entry visa as under the multiple entry visa the visitor can stay up to six months in Canada on his/her each entry.
Luckily you have come to the right place, we provide the most competitive rates on the internet and provide sound customer service and support to back up your travel, visitors and work insurance.
Who is Eligible for Super Visa Insurance Canada?
Not everyone can apply for Super Visa Insurance Canada. Only parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents can apply. Under Super Visa application, dependents cannot apply, though, spouses and common-law partners of parents and grandparents can apply for super visa insurance. Generally, no application can be rejected on the basis of health or security, though; the applicants are required to meet the criterion set by the visa authority.
​Tips before buying Super Visa medical insurance.
To apply for a parent or grandparents Super-Visa, we have to satisfy certain mandatory requirements such as meeting of the minimum income threshold, written statement of financial support by the child or grandchild, completion of medical exam and above all having a valid medical insurance coverage by a Canadian insurance company.
Things to remember at the time of getting the quote for super-visa insurance
- The medical insurance is one of the foremost requirements.
- The coverage must be of 100,000 or more.
- The minimum policy coverage period must be of one year
- The date of arrival of parents or grandparents will be considered the first day of their one year medical insurance coverage.
- It is the duty/responsibility of the insured to keep the insurance company abreast of any changes in arrival date.
- If the parents/grandparents make their mind to leave Canada before the expiry of one year period, they can do so and would be entitled to get a refund of the sum which has not been used.
- For a full refund or pro-rated refund, it is important that your insurance provider is aware of the current status of your visa, arrival and departure dates.
- The parents or grandparents with pre- existing medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes or any other medical condition may be eligible for medical insurance coverage provided the ailment or condition is stable and controlled. (Please see our pre-existing medical conditions section).
- In case your parents/grandparents wish to extend their stay in Canada, they can do so for a maximum of another one year and they have to buy a new policy eight days prior to the expiry of the old policy.
So we now know that super- visa is a mandatory requirement set by the government of Canada. The very purpose of this mandatory requirement is to protect you against any financial strain which can arise from any medical emergency your parents and grandparents go through. Not only this super –visa insurance also ensures that your parents/grandparents get required medical assistance in case of an emergency. For example:- your parents are waiting to become a PR and obviously, they cannot access the provincial health care system the way you do, in this scenario super-visa insurance will help them to get the assistance they need.
Pankaj Bhatia can help you get the right plan and help you navigate the whole process, and we are always there to provide you with the best support in case of claims.
Do we need Super Visa Insurance Canada?
When your sponsored parent or grandparent is waiting to become an official permanent resident in Canada, they do not have access to the health care that all Canadian residents can access.
Thus, if any medical emergency were to come up, it can get expensive. Therefore, to ensure adequate financial support in case of a medical emergency, it must have medical coverage. Insurance is to protect your family member and ensure they receive the medical attention they would require if anything were to happen.
What are the Super Visa Insurance Canada Requirements?
- The insurance must be valid for 1 (one) year;
- Provide emergency medical, hospitalization and repatriation coverage;
- Have a minimum coverage of $100,000;
- Be valid for review by immigration/customs officials.
What is the difference between super-visa & Visitor Visa?
The main difference between the two is the duration of stay. The super visa insurance Canada permits a person to remain/stay in for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a ten year multiple- entry visa will allow up to six months of stay per entry into Canada.
How To Apply?
It's quite simple to apply to get your Super Visa Insurance.
Luckily you have come to the right place, we provide the most competitive rates on the internet and provide sound customer servcice and support to back up your travel, visitors and work insurance.